myaibou: (DP fangirl)
[personal profile] myaibou
I don't read much fanfic. There's so little good fic out there, and I have so little time for reading (especially when I'm writing), I just usually only read authors I already know.

But I stumbled across an absolutely brilliant Danny Phantom fic through a picture on DA that I just had to share. It's called Phantom of Truth by HaiJu and it is breathtaking. It's a Maddie-captures-Danny-Phantom-without-knowing-the-truth story, which I've seen a million of, but most of them are one shots, over quickly. This is a complete story (well, not complete, it's a WIP, but it's nearly done and it looks good that it will be finished)that the author is able to make work over a longer period of time by having Maddie's experiments being done at a GIW facility, giving Danny reason not to tell her the truth (he's in THEIR control, not hers, so he has every reason to believe telling the truth would only make things worse for him, if not by his mother's hand, then by the government's.)

It is stunning in its detail, in both the "science" (just enough real science to make the sci-fi stuff believable) and in Maddie's internal thought process. I was absolutely riveted. If you like DP, check it out.

Date: 2012-11-13 02:05 am (UTC)
obabscribbler: (Default)
From: [personal profile] obabscribbler
Thanks for the rec. ^_^

Profile

myaibou: (Default)
myaibou

May 2013

S M T W T F S
    1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728 293031 

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios